Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show employers, employees, colleagues and customers how much you appreciate them.
It’s a win-win for both employers and employees when value and appreciation is expressed between the two parties. Take the advice directly from the Society for Human Resource Management.
“Demonstrating to your employees that you value and appreciate the work they put in each week will yield a positive outcome.
Employees are more satisfied in their job when they know their efforts are appreciated and are making a difference for the company.
High job satisfaction rates lead to more engaged workers, and more engaged workers increase business productivity.” (Society for Human Resource Management)
This same philosophy holds true for an employer who is valued by her/his employees. When an employee shows an employer value through appreciation, it demonstrates the employees’ dedication and commitment to the organization. When an employee excels in their job performance, attitude on the job and relationship with co-workers, it too is a measure of appreciation and value for the employer.
So, take time to express appreciation for your employee, employer and co-worker. Communicating sincere thanks never grows old or goes out of style.
Here are some creative ways to show appreciation:
- 101 Ways to Reward Employees (Without Giving Them Cash)
- 5 ways to show your bosses that you appreciate them
And, just for fun… What’s a Valentine’s Day without love songs??
- ♥ Acoustic Café by Putumayo World Music
- ♥ Can’t Get Enough of Your Love Babe by Barry White
- ♥ Careless Whisper by George Michael
- ♥ Cheerleader by OMI
- ♥ Chérie by Amadou & Mariam
- ♥ How Deep Is Your Love by The Bee Gees
- ♥ It Must Have Been Love by Roxette
- ♥ It’s A Heartache by Bonnie Tyler
- ♥ It’s So Easy by Linda Ronstadt
- ♥ Lady (You Bring Me Up) by The Commodores
- ♥ (Let Me be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley
- ♥ Let’s Stay Together by Al Green
- ♥ Locked Away by R. City ft. Adam Levine
- ♥ Love Stinks by The J. Geils Band
- ♥ Oh Girl by The Chi-Lites
- ♥ Take on Me by A-ha
- ♥ Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
- ♥ Help Me Make It Through The Night by Kris Kristofferson and Lorrie Morgan
With love and appreciation,
Thelisa & Josie
Josie Toth is a Regional Facilitator for Workforce Solutions in the Houston – Galveston area. She conducts job search skills seminars throughout the 13 county Gulf Coast region. After serving in the military, Josie utilized Workforce Solutions’ services. Her desire to help people led to an employment counselor position with Workforce Solutions, which she held for four years, until she found her niche as a Regional Facilitator.
Thelisa Lavergne is a member of the Regional (Texas Gulf Coast) Navigator team for Workforce Solutions. She specializes in providing training and education to the Gulf Coast community, career staff offices, and employers in assisting individuals with disabilities. She brings with her over 10 years of experience and expertise working in the nonprofit industry serving Houston’s disadvantaged community; individuals and families experiencing homelessness, victims of domestic abuse, and individuals and families experiencing hunger. However, her greatest contribution to Workforce Solutions is her compassion, commitment, and dedication to serving others. She holds a M.A. in Organizational Management, a B.S. in Training and Development, B.S. in Counseling, and a Certification as a Personal Fitness Trainer.