One question I frequently ask when I am conducting job skills seminars is, “Have you checked out our website?” The most common response is, “Yes, I’m registered.” That’s when I know that I need to try to fit in a mini-lesson about the Workforce Solutions website.
The website that job seekers are referring to when they say they are registered is Work in Texas.com–the largest job-matching, free online database of jobs in the State of Texas. For more information on this job search tool, check out this my blog titled Work In Texas.com.
What I am actually referring to is the Workforce Solutions website. This is a site that is full of resources that can help make job search efforts more focused. I wish I had known and understood this resource when I was looking for a position, and for that reason I would like to share these highlights with you.
Below are just some of the things that can be done from the Workforce Solutions website:
• Locate a career office closest to you
• Read about relevant labor market topics for both job seekers and employers in the blog
• Research growing occupations and industries that have been identified for the Gulf Coast Region
• Connect to additional online resources and job search databases
• Evaluate local labor market information
• Discover how financial aid may be available for training, education, and child care
Why not take the time today to explore this site and see how it can benefit your job search? And be sure to comment on this blog and share your favorite part(s)!
Bobi Cook is a Regional Facilitator for Workforce Solutions in the Houston – Galveston area. She currently conducts job skills seminars throughout the 13 county Gulf Coast region utilizing her MBA and over ten cumulative years experience as a professional educator, quality systems manager within the automotive industry, and small business administrator to help job seekers develop and implement successful job search campaigns.